Teaching, learning, sharing and healing have been the constant threads throughout my life. After graduating from Haverford College with a degree in education and Spanish I traveled the world, lived abroad, met my husband and eventually settled back in New England where I taught high school for a number of years. Something compelled me to go to school for massage therapy and a fascination with healing arts and mind-body connection led me to yoga teacher training in 2006.
During both of my pregnancies I taught prenatal yoga and as a result something incredible opened up to me. While holding space for women during pregnancy I was let in on the amazingly rich and complex experiences of women moving through profound transitions physically, emotionally and spiritually. Sometimes these personal stories are full of joy and wonder and sometimes they are heartbreaking. Birth can be beautiful but there is also a vast array of struggles women experience from infertility to miscarriage to challenging postpartum recovery.
The women in my practice gift me insight and deep respect for the various life phases of the female body which inspire me to learn as much as I can as to how to serve and support each distinct phase skillfully and compassionately. I continue to study women's health with wonderful teachers from the fields of ayurveda, Chinese medicine, integrative nutrition, aromatherapy, herbs as well as in-depth anatomy and physiology.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Haverford College, BA (2001)
- U.S. Peace Corps (2002)
- Finding Inner Peace Yoga Teacher Training (2006)
- Massage Institute of Cape Cod (2008)
- Zero Balancing, Level I (2009)
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition (2010)
- Zen Shiatsu, 60 hrs (2011)
- Deep Massage for Realm of the Heart (2013)
- Maya Abdominal Massage Self-care course (2013)
- doTERRA Essential Oil Educator (2014)
- MotherTouch Prenatal Bodywork Certificate (2015)
- Reiki Master Level III (2016)
- Spinning Babies workshop (2016)
- Advanced Bodywork for Women's Health (2016)